Welcome to my ramblings!

Welcome to my Blog. Here you can find the ramblings of a old high school principal. I've created a number of blogs over the years for a variety of reasons. A large number of them I use with my staff which are password protected from the outside world. This blog is for my fellow educators and anyone else who wants to read the ramblings. I guess my target would be building administrators, future administrators, teachers and educators in general.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Essential Questions


Here at Shawnee Heights we have started a discussion on the "Answers" to our Essential Questions. In truth, only a few courses have good Essential Questions. But instead of spending time writing pretty Essential Questions, we are going to use backward design. Start by looking at the "Answers" - what is it we want ALL our students to know when they walk out of our classrooms.

If you are a teacher, do you know your answers? Are they aligned with state indicators? Do your students understand the answers you seek when you start a lesson? Do you understand that the answers we seek here are the minimum of what we want our students to know - that we need to be prepared to take many of our students to a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment