Welcome to my ramblings!

Welcome to my Blog. Here you can find the ramblings of a old high school principal. I've created a number of blogs over the years for a variety of reasons. A large number of them I use with my staff which are password protected from the outside world. This blog is for my fellow educators and anyone else who wants to read the ramblings. I guess my target would be building administrators, future administrators, teachers and educators in general.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Twitter


Oh the world of Twitter! Over the years I've had a Twitter account and as I look back I noticed that on two other occasions I started "tweeting" only to give it up a few tweet's later. Then I attended the 2014 USA Conference in Wichita and listen to Dr. Whitaker talk about how administrators were missing the boat if they weren't using Twitter. So right there I reopened my Twitter account.

Returning to school on Monday I met with my admin team as well as my instructional coach and shared what I had heard. Quickly, I had my account going again and I started following my instructional coach Fred Hollingshead. The wealth of resources came at me at hundred miles per hour. While I was struggling getting my head around Twitter my administrative assistant Shelby Hoytal shared with me tweetdeck and folks that's all it took. I was off!

After a week of living in the Twitter world I started missing my Windshield Time so here ... I'm back! Hopefully, I can share some wisdom or at least some random thoughts for others to reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment