Welcome to my ramblings!

Welcome to my Blog. Here you can find the ramblings of a old high school principal. I've created a number of blogs over the years for a variety of reasons. A large number of them I use with my staff which are password protected from the outside world. This blog is for my fellow educators and anyone else who wants to read the ramblings. I guess my target would be building administrators, future administrators, teachers and educators in general.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Raising the Rigor Without Penalizing the Student

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted one of my Windsheild moments. Last night my reflective thought came at home as I relaxed. Deals with how do we handle the challenge up raising the bar within a classroom without penalizing a student's GPA. Yes, I know the GPA shouldn't be the number one concern but at the secondary level it is with many students and parents.

The Challenge

  • How do we increase rigor for students who are getting easy A's without creating challenges for our current struggling students?
  • How do we increase rigot for students who are getting easy A's without penalizing their grade where by they get lower grades then students who don't have the challenging assignments?

No comments:

Post a Comment